Jose Maria Sison, the exiled leader of the Communist Party of the Philippines, and one of the top opponents of the deal told Al Jazeera that the agreement practically reopens the US bases in the country.
“The US military bases shall be practically re-establlished under the guise of facilities built on Philippine military grounds, with the Filipino military personnel practically serving as perimeter security guards and with the Philippine government sharing the costs,” he said.Read more
Posted at 04/05/2014 2:46 AM | Updated as of 04/05/2014 2:46 AM
MANILA – Communist Party of the Philippines (CPP) founder Jose Maria Sison on Friday said the Philippine government is right in filing a case against China before the International Tribunal on the Law of the Sea (ITLOS).Read more
By Nestor Corrales
9:09 pm | Friday, February 21st, 2014
MANILA, Philippines—The Aquino government is open to resuming peace talks with the communist rebels, Communications Secreatry Herminio Coloma Jr. said Friday.Read more
MANILA, Philippines (Xinhua) – The Philippine government said today that it has sought the assistance of Norway to determine how peace negotiations with leftist rebel group Communist Party of the Philippines (CPP) can move forward.Read more
By Willard Cheng, ABS-CBN News
Posted at 02/21/2014 3:58 PM | Updated as of 02/21/2014 3:58 PM
MANILA – Malacañang said it is keeping its options open in pursuing peace talks with the Communist Party of the Philippines-New People’s Army-National Democratic Front (CPP-NPA-NDF) while it clarifies with the Norwegian facilitator the “parameters” of Jose Maria Sison’s offer to meet with President Aquino.Read more
Report by Danny Buenafe, ABS-CBN Europe News Bureau
Posted at 02/21/2014 3:45 PM | Updated as of 02/21/2014 7:02 PM
To view video clip of the interview, please click on the link below:
UTRECHT, The Netherlands – Communist Party of the Philippines founding chairman Jose Maria Sison is willing to revive peace talks with the Aquino administration.
He is even open to meet with President Aquino, similar to what the latter did in meeting Moro Islamic Liberation Front chairman Al Haj Murad Ebrahim in Tokyo almost three years ago.Read more
Created on Tuesday, 12 November 2013 16:20
Written by Administrator
The Real News Network inteviews Prof. Jose Maria Sison, ILPS Chairperson, about the devastation wrought by super-typhoon Haiyan (local name: Yolanda). Prof. Sison explains how Philippine government has set up ghost non-profits that failed to service its most vulnerable citizens.
Video from youtube, The Real News Network. Report by Jessica Desverieux, Producer, @Jessica_Reports.
Transcript of interview is available from therealnews.com.Read more
By Maricar Cinco
Inquirer Southern Luzon
06 November 2013
LAST MASS. Fr. Joe Dizon, 65, joined Manila Archbishop Luis Antonio Cardinal Tagle at his 40th presbyterial anniversary on Oct. 15, his last Mass. WORKERS’ ASSISTANCE CENTER INC./CONTRIBUTOR
“To whoever would be taking charge of my funeral, I ask only for a poor man’s burial.”
After uttering these words, activist priest Jose “Joe” P. Dizon, who had consistently fought for the oppressed since the martial law regime of Ferdinand Marcos in the 1970s, collapsed before a shocked audience of friends and colleagues at the end of a Mass at the Holy Rosary Parish Church here last month.Read more
The Philippines has reached its own version of an impasse. On one side are the Filipino people demanding for the abolition of pork barrel and discretionary funds, including that of President Aquino’s, and on the other side is the Aquino administration, which has been adamantly defending the pork barrel fund under different names whether PDAF or the DAP and has been stubbornly refusing to give up President Aquino’s own pork barrel funds. How will the impasse end?
By D.L. Mondelo
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
The network of corruption exposed by the pork barrel scam has gone wider and wider. What was supposedly a case of fund misuse, corruption and political patronage involving Janet Lim-Napoles and government officials and legislators during the previous administration of Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo has now been exposed as having continued under the current Aquino administration, which won under the campaign banner of “change” and its self-professed “daang matuwid” governance of anti-corruption and moral ascendancy. After the Aquino administration was forced to admit the existence of its own pork barrel creation the Disbursement Acceleration Program, which involved the president’s allies, the Filipino people, who were already calling for the abolition of the pork barrel fund under the Priority Development Assistance Fund or PDAF, became more incensed.Read more